Thursday, July 16, 2009

swallowtail


swallowtail, ladylike
Originally uploaded by annachristine
I've finally completed a triangular lace shawl! My first, the Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark. What a beauty. I used Malabrigo sock, in the colorway Lettuce, which I bought from Eat.Sleep.Knit in my first purchase from them (but not my last!). I didn't find the nupps too hard, but I was definitely using the wrong needles. Someday I'll have a set of pointy lace needles in every size up to about a US7, and my life will be complete.

Things are going well out here, we had a lovely barbeque on Saturday to celebrate T's birthday. The weather wasn't the best, but we pulled out the propane heater, braved the overcast clouds, and ate more than our fair share of meat, quite a lot of which was smoked all day in one of our TWO smokers! Pork shoulder, beef shoulder, 5 racks of ribs, brisket, a dozen sausages, and 6 pork tenderloins... and that's just what we made at the house. More ribs, burgers, sausages, and various dishes arrived with our guests, not to mention the cookies and cupcakes. Mmmm. We drank beer, tequila, and Pimm's Cups and made merry for quite a while. Great day, and a very happy birthday!


sunset
Originally uploaded by annachristine

We also have the lovely Bailey back with us for a little while. I'm working with her every day on her leash skills - she's 6, so she's a little calmer and quicker to tire out, and that makes it so much easier to teach her. It's really fun and we have a great time together. Today we conquered a local hill, very steep, I could feel my shin muscles tugging right off their bones. Tuesday night though we went to the beach, all together, and it was just heaven.

1 comment: