Sunday, July 26, 2009

new little shawl ideas

The Swallowtail has been a total hit - it's a gorgeous color, the perfect size for me, and people love looking it over and checking out those nupps in the lily in the valley section.

And of course, I'm now thinking what other lovely lace shawl to start next! I'm thinking something similar in size, probably another triangle. I was pretty doubtful of the shape at first finishing it, but the more I wear it the better I like having the little tails to wrap around my shoulders and neck, to tuck in and keep the whole thing in place.

I have two skeins of Ecco Cashmere given me by my lovely aunt, in a natural white, and I also have two skeins of beautiful Curious Creek Wasonga sock yarn in Toto (black/grey) and Ruby Slippers (bright, bright reds). I'd love to do something fun and cheerful - would I be nuts to do another Swallowtail? The red deserves a very lively pattern, and I think I'd wear something made from that quite a lot as a colorful counterpoint to my black jacket and dark jeans self-imposed uniform.

Others I've found in my Ravelry searches include the Shetland Triangle, Ene's Scarf, Fountain Pen Shawl...

Or maybe a small Wing O' The Moth in that black and grey would be just perfect and moody. Hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. I am REALLY enjoying the Adamas Shawl. That Miriam Felton is freakin' genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adamas Shawl, eh? I do love the MimKnits...

    ReplyDelete